As Lactation Matters enters 2012, we would like to revisit our mission and assess if we are meeting your professional needs. As we launched this blog in August 2011, our goals were to:
- Nurture your education and self-confidence as a health-care professional and lactation consultant
- Provide insight into current lactation research
- Share stories about the different facets of our profession and how lactation consultants are practicing around the world
- Report global breastfeeding movements and events
- Share tricks of the trade
Are we meeting these goals for you?
In which areas would you like to see more articles? Which experts would you like to learn from?
Are you interested in sharing YOUR story?
Please take a few minutes to answer our poll so that we may increasingly meet your professional needs in the upcoming year.
Also, we have a one question survey we would love if you would answer. Please click below on the ‘Take Our Survey’ button:
As always, if you find an article that you feel your colleagues would benefit from, please link to it from your Facebook page or Twitter account and add comments to the bottom of the blog to keep the conversation going. If you are interested in submitting an article to Lactation Matters, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Best wishes during this holiday season!
Robin Kaplan, M.Ed., IBCLC, Lactation Matters Editor, Owner San Diego Breastfeeding Center
Decalie Brown, RN, CM, CFHN, IBCLC, ILCA Director of Marketing