Beginning a new year can be a rejuvenating time to set new goals and explore new opportunities. For the International Lactation Consultant Association, the opportunities have never been greater! I hope each of you will resolve TODAY to get involved in your professional association. You’ll find, as countless others have, that giving your time and your talents will come back to you in the most incredible ways as you seek to make a difference.
Earlier this week I sent my ILCA President letter to inform you about the status of ILCA as we begin this new year. Click here to read about ILCA’s strong foundation of sound financial health and highest membership numbers ever (over 6,000!), and details about the many exciting new initiatives.
Coming in 2012:
- The 2012 ILCA Conference in Orlando…with live simultaneous translations in Spanish for the first time ever, a new ILCA “lounge” for networking with colleagues, and family activities to make this a wonderful vacation while you learn. Be sure to check out the YouTube™ video at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzEeqvRsCRw&feature=youtu.be and pass it along to your colleagues on your Facebook™ and Twitter™ sites and be an early bird registering and have an opportunity to win a fabulous i pad 2, check the details. http://www.ilca.org/files/events/ilca_conference/2012_Conference/Registration_Brochure.pdf
- New changes to the Journal of Human Lactation under the new editorial leadership of Anne Merewood.
- CERPS on Demand© with a full slate of webinars in many languages!
- Baby-Friendly Initiative Committee to explore strategies for promoting and implementing BFHI worldwide.
- European Task Force to address member needs across Europe.
- Continued expansion of our robust translation program.
- Collaborative projects with IBLCE, including a NEW consumer website, IBCLC promotional brochure, and hospital outreach initiatives.
- Position papers and clinical protocols.
- NEW edition to the Core Curriculum for Lactation Consultant Practice.
- Expansion of our global relationships worldwide.
- And more!
I love to sign my communications, “ILCA is YOU,” and I believe that phrase perfectly captures how important each of you are to ILCA’s success. There has never been a better time to get involved, so join us in 2012 as we work together to meet the needs of the lactation community worldwide.