Every year, we change the 4 photos on the Journal of Human Lactation’s (JHL) cover. JHL is your journal, and we want to feature your photos! The 4 photos portray the broad field of human lactation, from the IBCLC helping new mothers (picture: the caring professional with a breastfeeding mom; teaching a class, etc) along with the harder science of lactation (picture: test tubes of milk; microscope slides, etc). Please send us your photos! We are looking for shots representing a range of backgrounds, contexts, and cultures.
- Keep photo clear with minimal background interference
- Photos should be jpeg files: 300ppi .jpg; at least 2100 pixels wide x 1500 pixels high
- Email photos to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- We may not be able to respond to each message separately, but as confirmation of your submission, you should receive an auto-response message
- Include your name (assuming you are the photographer) and full contact information with preferably a second email address
- Deadline – November 8, 2013: NO EXCEPTIONS!
- If a recognizable person features in the photo (ie, face of mother/baby/clinician etc), you must have a photo consent form. If your photo is a contender for publication, we will require subjects to sign a specific consent form, so only send photos if you know you can obtain permission from the subject.
- As the photographer you will need to sign non-exclusive copyright – in other words, you allow JHL to use the photo, but you are free to use it elsewhere as you choose.
- If we believe the photo is a potential winner, we will contact you again before the deadline to talk to you and ensure we have the correct forms.
No comments yet.