Every year, the Journal of Human Lactation (JHL) hosts a photo contest for the coveted cover spot on each edition. The JHL is a quarterly, peer-reviewed journal publishing original research, insights in practice and policy, commentaries, and case reports relating to research and practice in human lactation and breastfeeding. The annual photo contest is your opportunity to contribute to the journal and highlight your community. We’ve invited the JHL staff to tell us more about how you can join in the contest.
The four photos on JHL’s cover are changed annually. JHL is your journal, and we want to feature your photos! The four photos portray the broad field of human lactation, from the IBCLC helping new mothers (picture the caring professional with a breastfeeding mother, teaching a class, etc.) along with the harder science of lactation (picture test tubes of milk, microscope slides, etc.). Please send us your photos! We are looking for shots representing a range of backgrounds, contexts, and cultures.
- Keep photo clear with minimal background interference
- Photos should be jpeg files: 300ppi .jpg; at least 2100 pixels wide x 1500 pixels high
- Email photos to: email@example.com
- We may not be able to respond to each message separately, but as confirmation of your submission, you should receive an auto response message
- Include your name (assuming you are the photographer) and full contact information with preferably a second email address
- Deadline – October 15, 2014: NO EXCEPTIONS
- If a recognizable person features in the photo (e.g., the face of a mother/baby/clinician etc.) you must have a photo consent form.
- If your photo is a contender for publication, we will require subjects to sign a specific consent form, so only send photos if you know you can obtain permission from the subject.
- As the photographer you will need to sign non exclusive copyright – in other words, you allow JHL to use the photo, but you are free to use it elsewhere as you choose.
- If we believe the photo is a potential winner, we will contact you again before the deadline to talk to you and ensure we have the correct forms.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org