Are you a breastfeeding advocate who uses social media to spread positive messages about breastfeeding and parenting?
Are you looking to increase your social media skills?
Would you like to support your profession with a growing social media presence?
The International Lactation Consultant Association (ILCA®) is seeking applicants for a one year volunteer position as an Online Community Manager (OCM).
As an ILCA OCM, you will:
- Receive social media training (including the basics and masterclasses to take your skills to the next level) in the comfort of your own home, led by a social media expert.
- Learn the cutting edge tools and strategies that will help you spread your breastfeeding know- how, build your online credibility, enhance online relationships and mobilize people, and deepen your skills as a strategic community builder.
- Learn to use social media strategically to spread messages about breastfeeding, parenting, and the IBCLC profession.
- Work on a team with others that love social media and breastfeeding as much as you do!
Preferred applicants should:
- Be a current member of ILCA.
- Be intrigued by social media.
- Be familiar with and regularly use at least one social media platform (like Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube, blogging).
- Love people!
- Enjoy working in teams, interacting with a diverse online community and being respectful even when there’s controversy.
- Have been known to “talk breastmilk” at a dinner party . . . and are familiar with current topics in breastfeeding, parenting, and the IBCLC profession.
- Have time to learn and engage. The online training takes about 12 hours and will be conducted via interactive online platforms.
- Have time to volunteer. Each OCM is expected to volunteer 2-3 hours per week on an ILCA social media platform, with our startup time (March/April) and 3 other times per year being even more intensive.
- Make a commitment. Because of this significant free training opportunity, ILCA asks each volunteer to commit to being an ILCA Online Community Manager for a one year term.