We are excited to once again offer our popular Clinical Skills Rotations. Participants will rotate between our skill stations in each two hour session. At each station, those attending will spend 25 minutes with an expert facilitator, who will provide a demonstration and support hands-on skill practice.
Clinical Skills Rotations are available for beginning practitioners (primary session) and for seasoned consultants (advanced sessions). You may register to attend on either Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday, depending upon the skill level you select. Expanding the offerings to three days doubles the number of participants who may take advantage of this popular offering!
Attendees are asked to register for only one Clinical Skill Rotation block to allow sufficient room for others to participate. This is a popular feature of the ILCA conference so register early if you wish to participate!
Primary Clinical Skills Rotation (available Wednesday, 22 July 10:30am – 12:30pm and Thursday, 23 July 2:45pm – 4:45pm):
- Breast Massage Influenced by Japanese Style. (Rika Dombrowski, RN, MS, MA, IBCLC)
- Teaching Tools for Basic Breastfeeding Skills. (Sherry Payne, MSN, RN, CNE, IBCLC, CD)
- Three Important Rules for the Beginner IBCLC. (Barbara Wilson-Clay, BSEd, IBCLC, FILCA)
- Case Study Review: Reducing the mother’s anxiety to accept help. (Mireya Patricia Roman, LMHC, IBCLC)
Advanced Clinical Skills Rotation (available Wednesday, 22 July 1:30pm – 3:30pm and Friday, 23 July 3:00pm – 5:00pm):
- Being the IBCLC Detective: Where do the clues take us? (Carole Dobrich, RN, IBCLC, RLC)
- Powers of Deduction: Tongue kinematics in normal infant suck. (Catherine Watson Genna, BS, IBCLC)
- Handling the Pain: Use of therapeutic breast massage for the treatment of engorgement, plugged ducts and mastitis. (Maya Bolman, RN, BA, BSN, IBCLC)
- Choosing Supplementation Methods and Devices. (Tanefer L Camara, IBCLC, MS-HCA)