- Evaluation of lactation education programs focused on various levels of lactation support providers, from licensed healthcare providers to peer counselors
- Effectiveness of lactation care provided by IBCLCs and lactation support persons in specific clinical settings and situations
- How IBCLCs and/or other lactation support providers are cost effective
- Role differentiation within the various types of lactation support providers
- The role of licensure in professionalizing lactation support
Journal of Human Lactation (JHL) is the official journal of ILCA. It is a quarterly, peer-reviewed journal publishing original research, insights in practice and policy, commentaries, and case reports relating to research and practice in human lactation and breastfeeding. JHL is relevant to lactation professionals in clinical practice, public health, research, and a broad range of fields related to the trans-disciplinary field of human lactation.