We believe that membership in the International Lactation Consultant Association (ILCA) gives you the tools and community you need to support lactating families. But don’t take it from us – listen to your fellow members! We reached out to members from all over the world and asked them: How does ILCA membership impact your practice?
I’m a Portuguese midwife and being an ILCA member has brought me the scientific knowledge to improve my practice skills as I mentor nursing students in the acquisition of the basic skills to support breastfeeding.
~Maria Joao Jacinto Guerra, Portugal
As the only International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC) living in Hanoi, Vietnam, access to evidence-based articles and information for my expatriate and local clients is invaluable. Support for breastfeeding mothers is negligible in Hanoi and knowing I can provide an acceptable level of expertise is reassuring.
~Kelly Havlin, Vietnam
I really like “Inside Track” with topics like Raynaud’s Syndrome or how to clean a breast pump. I appreciate that I may copy them for clients at the health department. They are great teaching tools! Thanks!
~Alice Jantzen, USA
I’m not sure what part of ILCA I love most. I’ve only missed one conference in the past 10 years! The conference is packed full of excellent speakers and everything is so well-organized. You get to rub elbows with the big wigs of lactation! The app at this year’s conference was amazing and helpful!! JHL is so professional – It makes me proud to be part of this organization. The webinars are outstanding and now offering free CERPS is SO valuable. All in all, ILCA is fabulous!
~Colette Acker, USA
ILCA lifts up our profession by supporting evidence-based practice. ~Gale Touger, USA
I am the only IBCLC in Algeria. Being a member of ILCA makes me feel that I belong to a great professional community. Having access to the Journal of Human Lactation (JHL) is priceless for me as I practice evidence-based lactation consultant work.
~Zoubida Touimer, Algeria
As a childbirth educator and IBCLC, I value the cross-over and how these roles impact each other. I value the ILCA conference so receiving the membership rate for attending is of high value. I also appreciate the weekly ILCAlert and the free CERPs and webinars.
~Elizabeth Smith, USA
ILCA is a wonderful way to keep up to date with the latest research on breastfeeding through the JHL published articles. I can share this research with my work colleagues to ensure our mothers are receiving the best of care.
~Kathy Croft, Australia
ILCA Membership Connects You with the Tools and Community You Need to Support Lactating Families!
Our 2017 Membership package includes benefits that get you:
- THE LATEST IN BREASTFEEDING KNOWLEDGE: Keep up-to-date with up to 10 FREE CERPs, including topics like milk sharing, medications, and ethics.
- EVIDENCE TO SUPPORT YOUR WORK: The Journal of Human Lactation is rated as our TOP member benefit. Receive either the print (Standard Membership only) or online edition to stay up-to-date on the latest in lactation research.
- HELP FAMILIES FIND YOU: Get listed on our Find a Lactation Consultant Directory (IBCLCs only), with new features in 2017. Watch for new search options, increased traffic, and more.
- CONNECT WITH YOUR COMMUNITY: Coming in 2017! Connect with your peers on the topics you care about most in our new, exclusive online community.
- TOOLS FOR THE FAMILIES YOU SERVE: Share Inside Track with your clients in print or through email using a PDF. ILCA offers expert, evidence-based research interpreted just for lactating families.
- SAVINGS: Discounts on live and recorded webinars and registration for our annual conference.
Want to win a FREE ILCA Membership? Share with us about how ILCA membership has made a difference in YOUR practice! Find more information HERE!
Questions? We are here to help! Contact us at email@example.com.
[…] Connecting to ILCA Membership: Lactation Matters […]