The ILCA Board of Directors has presented a ballot for ILCA voting members to select their next Directors.
All ILCA members who are certified as an International Board Certified Lactation Consultant® (IBCLC®) and are in good standing should have received an email from ILCA on 20 April 2017 containing a link to the ballot. If you did not receive an email and you should have, please contact the ILCA Office at firstname.lastname@example.org (or) 1+ 919-861-5577 (or) 888-452-2478. Our ILCA staff is eager to make sure you get a ballot, so your vote can be counted. To ensure a timely and secure election, all voting will take place through an online survey.
Prior to casting a vote, all voting ILCA members are encouraged to thoughtfully consider all information provided below. This will enable you to make an informed decision. Vote carefully: Once your vote is cast, it cannot be changed, repeated, or cancelled.
The balloting commences 20 April 2017 and concludes 12 May 2017, at which time all electronic votes will be tallied by the ILCA staff.
Board of Director Elections
The ILCA Board of Directors, in its November 2014 Lactation Matters blog, described three goals as part of its vision of, “World health transformed through breastfeeding and skilled lactation care:”
- Establish collaborative partnerships with other regional, national, and international organizations;
- Mentor newly developing organizations, worldwide, that promote IBCLC professional development and care;
- Build an ILCA infrastructure of equity and diversity, by reducing barriers of entry into the profession and into ILCA leadership positions.
Accordingly, candidates to run for the position of ILCA Director, ideally, would:
- Embrace this strategic vision,
- Bring geographic diversity, especially from outside the USA
- Be alert to regional and cross-cultural differences as they occur within the global breastfeeding community
- Be sensitized to the challenges of ensuring equitable access to positions of leadership within ILCA for currently underrepresented social groups
Please take time to review the profiles of each nominee, by clicking on their names, prior to casting your vote. You will vote for three.
Board of Director Ratifications