Every year, the Journal of Human Lactation (JHL) hosts a photo contest for the coveted cover spot on each edition. The JHL is a quarterly, peer-reviewed journal publishing original research, insights in practice and policy, commentaries, and case reports relating to research and practice in human lactation and breastfeeding. The annual photo contest is your opportunity to contribute to the journal and highlight your community.
The photo(s) on JHL’s cover are changed annually. JHL is your journal, and we want to feature your photos!
The photo(s) portray the broad field of human lactation, including the IBCLC helping new families (in a wide variety of scenarios), breastfeeding in various cultural contexts around the globe, and the science of lactation.
- Keep the photo simple: Focus on the subject while limiting background items and distractions. Frame your photo carefully for full effect.
- High Resolution and Size: Photos must meet the MINIMUM specifications:
- A jpeg file
- At least 300DPI
- At least 4″ tall and wide.
- If selected, photo consent is required for all persons in photo: If a recognizable person is in the photo and your image is selected, (e.g., the face of a parent/baby/clinician etc.) you will be asked to submit a signed photo consent form. If you do not have a standard photo consent form, we can provide one to you if your photo is chosen.
Please do not send photos of lesser size and resolution. Photos that do not meet these specifications cannot be considered.
- Deadline is 1 September 2018: NO EXCEPTIONS
- Include your name, the photo consent, and if you are not the photographer, the name of the photographer, and full contact information, preferably with a second email address.
- The photographer will need to sign non-exclusive copyright – in other words, allowing JHL to use the photo, but the photographer is free to use it elsewhere as one chooses.
- You will receive an auto response email to confirm your submission.
No comments yet.