World Breastfeeding Week (WBW) is an annual celebration of the role of breastfeeding in our homes, our communities, and the world. As a part of our 2018 theme, Breastfeeding: Foundation for Life, we are proud to announce that Journal of Human Lactation (JHL) is making available 10 essential articles to everyone – FREE* through 31 August 2018.
The Journal of Human Lactation is essential for building our knowledge as IBCLCs. We believe knowledge guides our practice, strengthens our value, and supports our role in transforming world health.
Read the following JHL articles—free through 31 August 2018!*
- Interventions to Improve Breastfeeding Self-Efficacy and Resultant Breastfeeding Rates: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis by Meredith Brockway, Karen Benzies, and K. Alix Hayden
- Efficacy of an Osteopathic Treatment Coupled With Lactation Consultations for Infants’ Biomechanical Sucking Difficulties: A Randomized Controlled Trial by Juliette Herzhaft-Le Roy, Marianne Xhignesse, and Isabelle Gaboury
- The Atlantic Divide: Contrasting U.K. and U.S. Recommendations on Cosleeping and Bed-Sharing by Helen L. Ball
- The Impact of a Prenatal Education Video on Rates of Breastfeeding Initiation and Exclusivity during the Newborn Hospital Stay in a Low-income Population by Kathleen A. Marinelli, Sara L. Gill, Ann L. Kellams, Kelly K. Gurka, Paige P. Hornsby, Emily Drake, Mark Riffon, Daphne Gellerson, Gauri Gulati, and Valerie Coleman
- Randomized Controlled Trial on Effect of Intermittent Early Versus Late Kangaroo Mother Care on Human Milk Feeding in Low-Birth-Weight Neonates by Dhaarani Jayaraman, Kanya Mukhopadhyay, Anil Kumar Bhalla, and Lakhbir Kaur Dhaliwal
- Advising Mothers on the Use of Medications during Breastfeeding: A Need for a Positive Attitude by Kathleen A. Marinelli, Sara L. Gill, Riccardo Davanzo, Jenny Bua, Angela De Cunto, Maria Luisa Farina, Fabrizio De Ponti, Antonio Clavenna, Stefania Mandrella, Antonella Sagone, and Maurizio Clementi
- Enforcing the International Code of Marketing of Breast-milk Substitutes for Better Promotion of Exclusive Breastfeeding: Can Lessons Be Learned? by Kathleen A. Marinelli, Sara L. Gill, Hubert Barennes, Guenther Slesak, Sophie Goyet, Percy Aaron, and Leila M. Srour
- Public Attitudes Toward Breastfeeding in Public Places in Ottawa, Canada by Katherine Russell and Amira Ali
- Gestalt Breastfeeding: Helping Mothers and Infants Optimize Positional Stability and Intraoral Breast Tissue Volume for Effective, Pain-Free Milk Transfer by Pamela Douglas and Renee Keogh
- Obesity as a Predictor of Delayed Lactogenesis II by Irma Preusting, Jessica Brumley, Linda Odibo, Diane L. Spatz, and Judette M. Louis
Journal of Human Lactation is the official journal of ILCA. It is a quarterly, peer-reviewed journal publishing original research, insights in practice and policy, commentaries, and case reports relating to research and practice in human lactation and breastfeeding. JHL is relevant to lactation professionals in clinical practice, public health, research, and a broad range of fields related to the trans-disciplinary field of human lactation.
*You may already have access to these articles through a library or other subscription.
are we getting cue’s’ for articles read. It would be wonderful