OUR CORE VALUES
Knowledge. We believe knowledge guides our practice, strengthens our value, and supports our role in transforming global health.
Diversity. We foster an inclusive environment that supports leadership, advocacy, professional development, and research from varied perspectives.
Equity. We support global access to the IBCLC profession and availability of skilled lactation care
World health transformed through breastfeeding and skilled lactation care.
To advance the International Board Certified Lactation Consultant profession worldwide through leadership, advocacy, professional development, and research.
OUR AREAS OF IMPACT
As we move forward, we will measure each idea, decision, program, and initiative against these Core Values and determine how they will impact our three primary areas of impact: our members, the IBCLC profession, and the world.
Submissions to Lactation Matters
ILCA welcomes guest posts from our community. Learn more about our submission and blog guidelines here.
The opinions expressed in this blog are the opinions of the individual author and may not reflect the opinions of the International Lactation Consultant Association, or any individual member. Links to external sources are provided solely as a courtesy to our blog visitors. We are not responsible for and do not endorse or warrant in any way any materials, information, goods or services available through such linked sites or any privacy or other practices of such sites.
Terms and Conditions
ILCA maintains this website to enhance public access to scientific research and breastfeeding information.
The material on this website may contain opinions and other information of third parties, which do not necessarily reflect the views or positions of ILCA, or indicate its commitment to a particular course of action.
By posting your comments or materials on the Blog Space, you grant us a non-exclusive, perpetual, royalty-free, world-wide licence to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, translate, publish, distribute and display any content you submit to us in any format now known or later developed. If you do not want to grant us these rights, please do not submit your comments or materials to us.
You are to abide by the following rules:
- Not to promote or advertise, or engage in any other form of marketing, including (without limitation) chain letters or pyramid selling, even if you are acting on behalf of a non-profit-making organisation or a charity, not to upload or post any form of spam, multiple submissions to forums or comments which are identical or other forms of promotion for other sites;
- Not to submit or create any link to, any defamatory, obscene, indecent, lewd, pornographic, violent, abusive, offensive, insulting, threatening, menacing, unlawful or blasphemous material;
- Not to make any personal attack on any person, firm or company;
- Not to use our website to collect personal data about other individuals;
- Not to post content that violates the legal rights of others, in particular, material that contains the intellectual property rights of third parties unless you have obtained all necessary licences and consents to use such content; We will, when necessary, remove, delete, or suspend the whole or any part of the Blog Space or any content posted on them at our discretion and without notice.
- Not to reveal any personal information about yourself or anyone else (for example, email address, telephone number or postal address);
- Not to post content that contains viruses or that may damage SAGE’s or another user’s computer;
- All comments in line with ILCA Online Community Guidelines
We do not undertake to keep or make available any material that you or anyone else has contributed to this website for any length or time, and you are advised to make a copy of any material that you wish to keep.