To transform world health, we need everybody. We are #bettertogether.
At ILCA, we believe that, if we are to truly ENGAGE, we must hear from, and listen to, people with a variety of perspectives. We want our conferences, and the lactation professionals and supports who attend them, to include, encourage, and recognize people of all races, ethnicities, genders, ages, abilities, religions, and sexual orientations. We are not there yet.
We have recently opened up the presenter submission site for
our 2019 Annual Conference. For more information, see our Call for Abstracts.
We are working to increase opportunities for people from underrepresented groups by actively recruiting diverse speakers for our onsite and virtual conferences, offering scholarships, and taking part in ongoing conversations about the value of diversity in the communities we serve. We feel like this is one place where we have the power to make real, measurable change.
As we prepare for #ILCA19, here are some ways you can help us build a more diverse slate of plenary, concurrent, and workshop presenters:
- Contribute to our ILCA Scholarship Fund through our Benefactors Program.
- Recommend presenters to the ILCA Conference Programming Task Force by emailing us at email@example.com.
- Forward our Call For Abstracts to relevant affinity groups with the message that we are looking for a diverse roster of presenters.
- During the Call For Abstracts phase of the conference, suggest to potential speakers that they submit proposals.
- Encourage potential authors, reviewers, and other content creators to work with us, or recommend them to us directly by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Organize community-based public speaking trainings and practice events.
- Suggest ways that the onsite conference experience can be more welcoming and supportive. Send an email to email@example.com.
We value diversity in the communities we bring together, and we welcome your contributions to creating balanced representation of the richness of our collective human experience. Please share your ideas and best practices for how we can realize our vision by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.