Lactation Education Accreditation and Approval Review Committee (LEAARC) is seeking to fill a public member vacancy for a three-year term, January 1, 2014 – December 31, 2016. LEAARC is responsible for establishing standards for lactation education and for the review and recognition of programs successfully meeting these standards. The public member serves a three-year term with eligibility for a maximum of two consecutive terms of service. The public member represents the general public and serves as a consumer advocate, protecting the public interest and overseeing the process for fair and reasonable action. A public member may have NO FORMAL OR INFORMAL CONNECTION TO THE LACTATION CONSULTANT PROFESSION. A mother who was helped by a lactation consultant would qualify. If you know someone who may be interested in this position please forward this call for nominations to them.
- Ability to commit to one 3-year term.
- Willingness to actively participate in board activities, including training, meetings, discussions, and review of materials.
- Ability to conduct business through electronic means (email, discussion board, meetings).
- Ability to evaluate an educational program objectively in terms of such broad areas as curriculum, faculty, facilities, student evaluation and outcomes assessment.
- Commitment to bring the public/consumer perspective to board deliberations.
Nomination and Selection Procedures:
Self-nominations are requested in order to ensure that the candidate is willing to serve in this role. Strong consideration will be given to assisting LEAARC to achieve diversity, including underrepresented groups, geographic diversity and varied educational philosophies. Send a statement of interest and request for an application to email@example.com. Further questions regarding the position may be directed to LEAARC at 919-459-6106. Nominations must be received no later than November 15, 2013.