The IBCLC Community Care Award is back again. We are proud to open the application process for our second year on February 3.
Is your Community Health Agency eligible?
If your community-based health agency currently staffs one or more International Board Certified Lactation Consultants® (IBCLC), check the criteria today and see whether you are eligible to apply online to become a recognized IBCLC Community Care Award agency and be included in the IBCLC Care Directory.
The International Board of Lactation Consultant Examiners® (IBLCE®) and the International Lactation Consultant Association® (ILCA®) developed this IBCLC Care Award to recognize and promote facilities that hire and employ those who are IBCLCs as part of their commitment to protect, promote and support breastfeeding. You can apply in two easy steps:
- Apply online from February 3 through March 21, 2014.
- Pay a nominal fee by either check or credit card.
A formal review will be completed by IBLCE & ILCA by mid-May (2014) and the announcement of approved agencies by May 30, 2014.
IBCLC Community Care Award Criteria are:
- Have one or more dedicated lactation support positions with IBCLC as the required credential and have a dedicated lactation program available at least 2-5 days a week.
- Provide a description of how the agency/program/clinic/office promotes, protects and supports breastfeeding.
- Provide documentation which includes a description of a project started in the last two years (January 2012 to January 2014) that promotes, protects and supports breastfeeding and/or the IBCLC certification.
Don’t delay! This prestigious IBCLC Care Award requires only a nominal administration fee and application forms are online. For more information on the criteria, documentation and how to apply, visit the IBCLC Care Award website.